Summers have arrived, and it’s time to bring out the electric ice cream maker for obvious reasons.
An Ice Cream Maker being a popular kitchen appliance, helps you prepare different frozen desserts. For instance, you could make sorbet, frozen yogurt, delicious ice cream, gelato, etc.
However, you have to learn the art of using an ice cream maker to enjoy tasty and delicious ice cream with improved flavor.
In this case, I’ve got your back with a comprehensive answer on “How to use ice cream maker?”
Furthermore, I’ll relate the use while showing easy steps to prepare homemade ice cream.
Hence, I assure you that in the end, you’ll have enough knowledge to bring a perfect texture while making ice cream at home.
Let us take a look as follows:
How to Use an Electric Ice Cream Maker?
First off, we’ll focus on ways to use an electric ice cream maker.
Note: Most of the electric ice cream makers resemble in their use. So, don’t worry if you have a different model of ice cream maker.
Have a look:
Step 1: Assembling the Ice Cream Maker:
Step 1 involves assembling the ice cream maker properly.
For this purpose, take help from the user manual that comes with the appliance.
An ice cream maker usually comes with a canister, a dasher (paddle), a spatula, and the base.
Think of it as a blender where you have to attach each accessory for making smoothies, etc.
Anyways, after assembling:
Step 2: Turn On the Ice Cream Maker:
Turn it on and see whether it’s working properly or not.
To be more specific, make sure that the plug is compatible with wall socket.
If that’s not the case, especially when you are living in Australia, then purchase a separate convertible adapter for it.
Step 3: Utilizing the Control Panel:
After turning on the ice cream maker, check out its control panel and make sure that it is not faulty.
For better assistance, kindly check out the user manual.
Note that the control panel of ice cream will differ from model to model.
Some of the models also come with an LCD display, which ensures a convenient ice cream making process.
Step 4: Churning:
Press Start Button and see whether the ice cream maker is churning efficiently or not.
Allow the appliance to churn for at least 5 minutes just to make sure that it’s working properly.
Testing an ice cream maker involves assembling it, turning it on, configuring important settings, and see whether it’s churning efficiently or not.
Almost all ice creams work on the above-mentioned method.
So, we’ll now quickly move to our favorite section, i.e. How to make homemade ice cream with an electric ice cream maker.
Have a look:
How to Make Ice Cream with Ice Cream Maker?
Things You’ll Require:
- An Electric Ice Cream Maker. (From the brand you love)
- Different ice cream ingredients. (Depending upon the flavor you love)
Now let us move on to advance ice cream preparation:
How to Prepare Ice Cream Ingredients?
Mix all ingredients of the ice cream in a bowl or a shallow pan.
Leave it in the refrigerator for one or two hours so that it solidifies a little bit.
Next, wrap the canister of ice cream maker in a plastic bag and zip it up.
Place it in the freezer for 16 to 24 hours. Better utilize this step a day before making ice cream with an electric ice cream maker.
Finally, crush a large amount of ice and keep the rock salt ready before starting the ice cream making process.
The fat levels in ice cream could get changed depending upon the percentage of milk or cream.
Just keep this simple formula in mind that ice cream with more fat will make it creamier and thicker. On the other hand, low-fat ice cream will be light with a less creamy texture.
Here comes the real deal:
It’s now time to use the ice cream maker to prepare delicious frozen desserts.
So, hear me out:
Using the Ice Cream Maker Eventually:
1. Remove the chilled mixture and cooled canister from the freezer after two or three hours.
2. Remove plastic bag from canister and pour the mixture into it accordingly.
3. Do not overfill the canister. Keep the ratio of ¾ if you are using a 4-Quarts electric ice cream maker. Overfilling will initiate leakage once the ice cream expands while churning.
4. Adjust the dasher properly so that the ice cream maker could churn conveniently.
5. Attach the canister to the base of the appliance and cover it with a lid.
6. Set the timer as per your preferences. For ice cream, it’s 40 to 60 minutes. So, we’ll set it on 50 minutes timer.
7. Turn on the ice cream maker and allow the mixture to get churned thoroughly.
8. Wait while the appliance gets done with preparing ice cream.
9. After that, unplug the ice cream maker and remove the lid.
10. Furthermore, take out the dasher carefully and remove ice cream from it through plastic or wooden spatula.
11. Remove canister from the base and start emptying it into ice cream containers.
12. Hurray! The Ice Cream is now ready for serving. You could add ice toppings or chocolate chips on it as per your preferences.
Things to Avoid While Using an Ice Cream Maker:
First off, never use a metal accessory for scrapping ice cream from a dasher or canister. Always use a hard plastic spatula. You could also use a bamboo flat spoon for removing ice cream.
Chill the ice cream maker canister longer, if you have enough time.
Never forget to give a read to user manual while assembling the ice cream maker.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Summing It Up:
Using the modern electric ice cream maker is quite easy compared to the old-fashioned models.
Besides making homemade ice cream is a lot more convenient when you have an electric ice cream maker at your disposal.
Follow all the steps I’ve mentioned thoroughly and enjoy delicious and crispy textured frozen desserts to cool down the heat accordingly.